Re: Pol Joni

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 07:25:04 -0700

Vaughan wrote

> I am going to be joining a Hero Wars game quite soon and am trying to
> build a character. I have decided that he will be from the Pol Joni
> tribe (it's for a campaign based loosely on Borderlands) but am
> having trouble finding any information about the tribe to help in
> fleshing my character out.

They are essentially horse-riding Heortlings who have adapted to Prax. If you're making their keyword, I'd start with the Heortling and then mix in some of the abilities of Praxians (see http://www.glorantha.com/hw/keywords_praxians.html). They worship Orlanthi gods, but it wouldn't surprise me if they have a higher than usual percentage of spirit-talkers among them.

The best information about their founding is in the book King of Sartar, followed by the computer game King of Dragon Pass (long game only).

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein