Re: SGU and Seven Mothers

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 14:34:41 +1200

At 22:10 22/07/00 +0000, you wrote:

>Speaking of SGU, will the Seven Mothers cult receive a writeup in it?
>I seem to recall a previous post in which Peter Metcalfe stated that
>the SM did have a seperate cult with initiates and devotees as well
>as the version in the HW rulebook, were they are worshipped as a sort
>of subcult of an individual mother's cult.

The only statement that I can recall making is a comment that initiates of the Seven Mothers can chose to specialize to one of the Seven Mothers but I've stated this well before Hero Wars.

Personally I would take the short form magics of the Rufelza cult as the basic Seven Mothers cult except that I'll drop the Chaos affinity and replace it with Pleasure (Extend Wine, Reduce hangover, Look Better, Seduce, Find pleasure in anything). The pleasure affinity appeared in an old Rufelza draft. The cult's secret is paradoxical defense as per HW-rules.

To specialize, one joins the Mother's subcults. These each teach one affinity from the mother's own cult (Jakaleel, Danfive and Teelo are my own suggestions).

Danfive Xaron: Heart of Darkness (Reveal Crime, Feel Guilt, Badge of Shame, Follow Dark Path, Sense Tortured Soul).

Deezola: Heal Body (feats as per HW-rules)

Irrippi Ontor: Otherworld (feats as per HW-rules)

Jakaleel: Witchcraft (Summon Lunes, Summon Shades, Summon Dead, Summon Madness Spirits, Summon Selenes)

Teelo Norri: Innocence (Speak without Guile, Sincere Impression, Resist Indecent Suggestion, Accept at Face Value, Shield of Innocence).

Yanafal Tarnils: Combat (feats as per HW-rules)

Instead of learning the specific mother's secret from these subcults, the secret learned from the mother subcults is the Rufelzan Chaos Affinity and related feats.

--Peter Metcalfe