Re: Cults of Carmania

From: kmnellist_at_...
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 11:53:32 EDT

Just for info again:

I ran the viziers/magi/hierophant thing by having most powerful magicians as initiates of the 'cult of idovanus'. In this case , most meant magicians of acceptable 'religions'. The status did not really confer any advantages other than a 'worship idovanus' spell, and the social benefit of being a Vizier. The Magi were the 'Priests of Idovanus' and were actually all sorcerors. The Hierophant was a special case. The cult of Idovanus (and therefore the Magi) controlled all legitimate serious magic use by this method.

In HW terms, I guess I might have had Sorcerous Viziers either venerating their Theist deity and Idovanus, or Theist Viziers sacrificing to their deity and Saintly Idovanus.

Keith N