Re: Carmanian faith

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 20:57:58 GMT

Martin Laurie:

> > The "Fronelan Malkion" is Makan, the God of the
> > people who expelled Syranthir from Loskalm as I said before.

>And nevertheless, he is Malkion, which is the whole point.

No, he is not. Look at the HW-rules description of Malakinus, revealed by Carmanos to be the source of Good Sorcery which he studied from Idovanus, the source of all Good. _That_ is the Carmanian interpretation of Malkion and one which they have held down since Carmanos.

Enclosure #1 may say differently but on this forum and elsewhere I am going to place far more reliance on official publications than a Work-in-progress article that Greg forgot all about or even telephone calls.

> > Caste Law was not affected by this earth-shattering
> > revelation as nothing the God Learners or Logicians
> > ever did, struck at the basis of Caste.

>Caste law in Carmania has had a thousand years and a plethora of un
>Malkioni influence to play on it.

Nevertheless it is still Malkioni Caste Law (to the extent that the Vizier Caste is largely sorcerous) and it is still strict. All this is published.

> > Who then is Malakinus?

>After the Magi investigated sorcery for Evil, they did the old soul
>searching bit, which I know you are aware of. Up till that point they
>simply had Malakinus as a lesser god under the creator (the demiurge).

So they don't demonize Malkion. And FWIW this is the Loskalmi interpretation too. So I don't see how this disqualifies the Carmanians from being Malkioni.

--Peter Metcalfe