RE: Stead Project - Javascript Heortling Name Generato r

From: bernuetz.oliver_at_...
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 11:25:10 -0500

Very cool!

Oliver
-----Original Message-----
From: John Hughes [mailto:nysalor_at_...] Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2002 4:10 AM To: HeroWars_at_yahoogroups.com
Subject: Stead Project - Javascript Heortling Name Generator

While I'm no programmer, I've done up a sample javascript Orlanthi Name and Epithet generator that you can use from the Stead Project homepage at

http://home.iprimus.com.au/pipnjim/questlines/stead.html
<http://home.iprimus.com.au/pipnjim/questlines/stead.html>

My initial list of names and epithets relies very heavily on Oliver Bernuetz's Orlanthi Naminator and Epithetiser listings at http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Realm/5545/gaming/herowars/namina.html
<http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Realm/5545/gaming/herowars/namina.html

The script is very very simple to customise, extend, or adapt, and you need only the most basic understanding of HTML to do so. I've made a few notes about it on the page itself. (I hope it all makes sense, as its been a long night and its now rather late.) My main use for the script is intended to be the Heortling Stead Project, but is has obvious campaign uses as well.

John

nysalor_at_...                              John Hughes
Questlines: http://home.iprimus.com.au/pipnjim/questlines/
<http://home.iprimus.com.au/pipnjim/questlines/>

A certain Chinese Encyclopedia, the Celestial Emporium of Benevolent Knowledge, in which it is written that animals are divided into: those that belong to the Emperor,
embalmed ones,
those that are trained,
suckling pigs,
mermaids,
fabulous ones,
stray dogs,
those included in the present classification, those that tremble as if they were mad,
innumerable ones,
those drawn with a very fine camelhair brush, others,
those that have just broken a flower vase, those that from a long way off look like flies.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=214508.1858224.3361270.1501205/D=egroupmai
l/S=1705057147:HM/A=949165/rand=803124941>

<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .