Blablabla

From: Jonas Schiott <jonas.schiott_at_...>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 18:42:05 +0100

"contracycle" 02-02-18 13.29:

> But I the player know that realtivism exists.

See, this is your problem.

Now listen up, because I'm only going to explain this once:

Relativism does not "exist". It is not a thing, not a quality, not a property of the world in any way, shape or form.

It is nothing more than a point of view, a methodology. And, may I add, one that is completely irrelevant to Glorantha, because Glorantha is a literary construct. It's all fiction, people have made it up, thus there is no call for the complicated theories scholars employ in trying to understand the real world. In regards to Glorantha, we who exist outside it in fact have the fabled "view from nowhere", we can - if we wish - determine objectively what is true and what is not in Glorantha. And the objective truth is obviously that many seemingly contradictory subjective truths can coexist without too many ill effects. Again, trying to refute this with arguments about how the RW supposedly works is completely misguided.

Allright, class dismissed.

Jonas Schiött
Göteborg