Re: Barbarian Adventures

From: ian_hammond_cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 18:31:21 -0000

>I wanted a character who had seen Tarsh in his youth - nowhere could
I find how plausible it would be for an Orlanthi youth to have visited Tarsh.<

"Most men remain on the tula of their ancestors all their lives, while the majority of women depart upon marriage to live with their husband's kin (depending on the form of marriage undertaken)." - Thunder Rebels

>I don't have enough recent history in HW to guess the "roam range"
of Orlanthi or to guess the circumstances at the time,<

For military service affecting this try:

http://www.glorantha.com/library/eurmal/campaign-gmc.html

for a general timeline of Dragon Pass, go to:

http://www.glorantha.com/library/history/timeline-dragonpass.html

You will find the Orlanthi tribes section on the website generally helpful.

>I understand iron is acquired only from dwarves, and thus I do not
know how it actually arrived in my stead - or if it did.<

See Can I become a BlackSmith? In Storm Tribe.

>Many cultures with distributed power systems like the Orlanthi might
have an annual or semi-annual mass meeting to discuss various politics in the broad; does such a multi tribal meeting occur at all, or tribal-level meetings?<

See entry for tribal moot in the calendar in Thunder Rebels.

>Are there festivals at these events,<

See Blood Feud in Barbarian Adventures

>I think the recent discussion on Orlanthi roads highlighted the kind
of thing I'm thinking of, and the kind of questions asked about the use of the greetings indicates that we do have an idea of what the Orlanthi think Should Be Done but a much less coherent idea of when and where its actually used. that sort of thing.<

See the section on Travel in Barbarian Adventures

The truth is out there.

Ian Cooper