Re: Re: Barbarian Adventures

From: Benedict Adamson <badamson_at_...>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 11:41:25 +0000

contracycle wrote:
> Not only is the list not,
> IMO, interested in making HW a functional product, but I am hardly
> alone in that perception.

Not alone, but mistaken.

Clearly HW *is* a functional product, because there are actually people playing it. An imperfect product, its true, and its imperfections are enough to keep anyone who wants to spend their time hand wringing about theoretical niceties and making (frankly) unreasonable demands occupied. YOUR objections (when they finally surfaced) were absurd coming from an experienced gamer. As I said before, I think you should actually try to play the game rather than getting yourself bogged down in unimportant theory. If you find it too difficult to Narrate a game, well why not join a group already running a game?