Re: Re: Barbarian Adventures

From: Darran <darransims_at_...>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 15:00:55 -0000

Greetings and Salutations
2002-02-19-1500.

From: "contracycle" <gamartin_at_...>
To: <HeroWars_at_yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2002 12:23 PM

Garrath wrote:
> > I, and others, have at various points asked you to explain what you
> > actually see as wrong. To the best of my recollection, the only
> > reply we have received was a lack of an adequate map or gazeeter
> > for Sartar. I, for one, have
>
> That is a specific detail which I am extremely unhappy about; there
> are many others (see below).
>
>[SNIP] some valid points and criticisms.
>
> This last paragraph sums the situation up perfectly, IMO. Although
> it describes BA, it captures the impression I have reading the rest
> of the books too; that it is really aimed at existing players, and
> explaining things to new players is an irksome afterthought.

Now with this post Garrath has detailed his problems with BA, ST and TR using the words of other list members (which IMHO gives Garrath much needed kudos :-) ).
I think that the discussion now can move on and concentrate on these very valid points instead of a circular argument of 'yes it is', 'no its not'. If we wish to get more new players of HW than some of these points will need to be at least looked at.

( As a lurker on the list I have found this thread_*entertaining*_but now find it getting a tad too personal)

Cheers Darran.

... Aeolia, where the storm-clouds have their home, a place teeming with furious winds from the south. Here Aeolus is king, and in a vast cavern he controls the brawling winds and the roaring storms, keeping them curbed and fettered in their prison. Resentfully they rage from door to door in the mountainside, protesting loudly, while Aeolus sits in his high citadel, sceptre in hand, taming their arrogance and controlling their fury.

                        Virgil.  The Aeneid.