RE: Re: Digest Number 756

From: bernuetz.oliver_at_...
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 10:33:54 -0500

Simon Hibbs

> This one has been debated before on the Digest, and there is
> some disagreement. Provided you don't look at the horizon
> too closely (Kero Fin, the Red Moon, motion of the stars and
> planets, etc), I think it looks exactly the same as our world
> 85% of the time, to 85% of the people.

> Most day to day magic, while effective, has no more immediately
> obvious effects than real-world traditional charms and
> blessings.

Well other than the fact that charms and blessings are pretty alien to lots of modern people. Other than crossing our fingers for luck we're not that big into everyday ritual. My parents never told me that I had to thank an animal for its sacrifice or that I had to thank a tree for its nuts. I think its much more circumscribed by ritual and belief than the modern world I'm most familiar with and would feel pretty alien to me.

Oliver