My final post in the HW-bashing thread.

From: Jonas Schiott <jonas.schiott_at_...>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 18:42:48 +0100

After much wasted bandwidth, I can see what Garreth wants. Two things.
  1. The HW books should have been written differently. He is not accepting any advice on how to make the published material work better for him, he just wants to state as loudly as possible that the books are completely useless and should have taken an entirely different tack. No suggestion we can give him will suffice, short of building a time machine so that he can go back and hold Greg et.al. at gunpoint until they write the book he wants.

We've seen this before, haven't we?

2) He wants us to accept that we are making a "false interpolation of mythology and culture". This despite every HW resource ever pointing out the close relationship of mythology and culture as a central facet of Glorantha.

This is new, as far as I can recall. It's also also a good candidate for the most perverse line of argument ever to appear on this list.

So I'm calling it quits. I advise you all to do the same.

Jonas Schiött
Göteborg