Re: What Issaries should publish

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 19:06:37 +0000

On Tue, 19 Feb 2002 16:59:15 -0000, "issaries" <rmeints_at_...> wrote:

>Let me ask all of you this: Would you buy books approximately done to
>the standard and scope of Griffin Mountain on topics like the Shadow
>Plateau, Prax, various parts of the Lunar Empire, various parts of
>the West, the Holy Country, etc.?

I would definitely be far happier with this sort of product. I am personally quite fed up that every new RPG I buy (and that's not that many, it may be unfortunate coincidence) immediately sends the characters into a war that will change all they know, even before the players have got the hang of the game system! What the hell happened to discovery and exploration? For a game that supposedly stresses the non-combat side of RPG, why do we have to go straight head-first into a war?

Give me another Griffin mountain, with local characters (not all with xW2 or xW3 abilities), curious locations, a few scenarios, but, most of all, maps and terrain details. Much like BA really (with lower NPC abilities), but a hell of a lot bigger, and with some connection to the geography, even if it's local to the scenarios.

Wulf