Re: alien cultures

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at_...>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 23:32:33 -0000

Oliver asks:

The Lunars certainly do, most of the time, with worrying enthusiasm. Orlanth is a rare exception to the general rule. See "The Old Gods and the Lunar Way" at www.etyries.com/moonie/oldgods.htm

> Do the western sorcerous cultures pay any heed to eastern beliefs?
> Are they more like RW monotheists in their approach to indigenous
> cultures or are they flexible enough to acknowledge local beliefs
> BUT tell the locals that they'd not gods, etc. but something else?

I have an article (more or less) about this: "Errors of the Pagans" at www.etyries.com/malkioni/pagans.htm

Also, while I'm here, there's a few archive pieces freshened up on my site www.etyries.com -- my Con writeups from the GloranthaCons of YesterYear, and a rant about why Gloranthan history isn't "short".

Cheers, Nick