Re: Another Myth take

From: charlescorrigan <glorantha_at_...>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 23:34:54 -0000

> HOWEVER... what happens when a theist augments a worshipper
> of another deity? Specific case - My Vingan augments the rest
> of the group (let's say a Yinkini, a Humakti, a Lhankor Mhy
> and a Telmori) with 'Fight Against Uz'. I think she CAN do
> this, but what actually happens? I can see three possibilities:

Recently, in our game, we performed a Summons of Evil (and had great fun while doing so). But we all agreed that the greatest long term effect would come from the fact that, unknown to him, we cast a NPC venerator in the role of Orlanth. Of course he beat his evil enemy after the boost we gave him through the ritual and he probably thinks that this is weird barbarian psychobable. But in a couple of years time he might just come to understand what we did to him...

My opinion is that the magic is the magic as long as the character has the ability and also follows the intent (or at least appears to) of their cult and deity (change terms as appropriate). With these two condition met then the magic will just work as desired, not just across deities but also across belief systems.

regards,
Charles