Re: Another Myth take

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 16:41:54 -0800

Wulf asked

> HOWEVER... what happens when a theist augments a worshipper of another
> deity? Specific case - My Vingan augments the rest of the group (let's
> say a Yinkini, a Humakti, a Lhankor Mhy and a Telmori) with 'Fight
> Against Uz'. I think she CAN do this, but what actually happens? I can
> see three possibilities:

If the Vingan augmented herself, she would say that Vinga guided her blows. Why would it be any different if she augments someone else? (I don't think that's quite the same as saying that the feat "forces your actions." You're the one with the sword. Vinga just tells you, "now.")

> Here's another question. OK, I think I'm safe saying that my Vingan
> can augment everyone else with Fight Against Uz. But can she give them
> the ability to Run Over Treetops? Again, even Initiates can't do that,
> how can non-Vingans?

But initiates *can* improvise feats. Still, I don't think this sort of magic can be used on anyone but yourself. I think a general rule of augment anyone, perform feats yourself will handle most cases.

--

David Dunham   <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html>