Re: Barbarian Adventures

From: Nils Weinander <nils_w_at_...>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 09:15:15 +0100

Give Gareth a break! Admittedly, it took me too some time to understand what the complaint was, but yesterday's list was clear and lucid. Besides, it is very seldom the fault of one part when there's a quarrel.

That said, I don't think the lack of the things Gareth asks for make TR, ST and BA into flawed and failed products. What it does showcase is how difficult it is to produce gaming supplements to everyone's taste. That in turn probably depends a lot on the kind of campaign you (prefer to) run.

So, I don't think the debate as such should be taken off list, just the invectives and the short tempers. If Issaries is to make the upcoming books into what we want, we have to discuss what it is that we want. Rick's question if we would like a Griffin Mountain-style book is spot on in this regard. I'd get such a book, of course, but I'd prefer the focus to be on information about the region and its culture, with just a few sample NPCs and adventure seeds rather than full scale episodes with detailed opponents.

Nils Weinander
A generation comes and a generation goes, but the earth remains the same forever -- Ecclesiastes 1:4

Do You Yahoo!?