Re: Another Myth take

From: wulfcorbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 10:19:17 -0000

I must be getting old...

> > what happens when a theist augments a worshipper of another
> > deity?

> I tend to agree with Bruce: in most cases, you can't do it. However,
> IIRC, there is an extra difficulty [D+20?] for applying an effect to
> someone else, which implies the game designers thought it SHOULD be
> possible, but difficult.

Good point, I'll have to read thos difficulty tables &rules again

> Some feats, of course, are evidently MEANT to be applied to others
> (morale boosting and healing magics), but it is easy to describe
> these magics in 'physical' terms (the wound heals, the leader
becomes
> more imposing).

I thought of these things, but they differ in that they are something someone ELSE (the Devotee) does TO you, so in that regard they more closely resemble attack magic, albeit with benign effects. They differ from stuff like 'Fight Against Uz' in that this feat gives YOU an extra boost which YOU can use.

Wulf