RE: Re: Another Myth take

From: Bruce Ferrie <bruce_at_...>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 11:58:43 -0000

On Wednesday, February 20, 2002 10:19 AM, wulfcorbett wrote:
> > Some feats, of course, are evidently MEANT to be applied to others
> > (morale boosting and healing magics), but it is easy to describe
> > these magics in 'physical' terms (the wound heals, the leader
> becomes
> > more imposing).
>
> I thought of these things, but they differ in that they are something
> someone ELSE (the Devotee) does TO you, so in that regard they more
> closely resemble attack magic, albeit with benign effects. They
> differ from stuff like 'Fight Against Uz' in that this feat gives YOU
> an extra boost which YOU can use.

I think that's the crucial "it depends" difference. And I'm some of the feat names are more open to interpretation than others. Fight Against Uz, frex, I'd let a hero use to augment others as long as she is also joining in that same fight, on the grounds that she's leading/inspiring/showing them the way. No sneaky augmenting, then sneaking off round the back of the mead hall for a cigarette (as it were).

Regards,

Bruce