Re: Campaign styles

From: wulfcorbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 13:06:58 -0000

> * "Farmer campaign", where day-to-day life of the community

> is the main focus of play. You need to know a lot about
> economics and social structure for this. Every time I have
> tried to include daily life in a campaign I have bored
> the players to within an inch of death, so I also assume
> it requires a far better GM than I am...

I think the mistake here is confusing 'The farmER campaign' with 'The farmING campaign'. Interesting scenarios should NOT begin 'I was ploughing the field this morning, and I went on ploughing it', they should be more 'I was ploughing the field this morning, and a bloody great Triceratops was eating the cabbages...'.

Just because it's low-level doesn't mean it's got to be mundane. I agree with the idea that all scenarios should be interesting, but there's no need to go bothering gods all the time to MAKE it interesting!

Wulf