Re: Campaign styles

From: Nils Weinander <nils_w_at_...>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 16:21:20 +0100

Stefan:

> [snipped the details]
> > * "Farmer campaign"
> > * Intrigue and politics
> > * Swashbuckling adventure,
> > * Wargaming.
> > * ??? More?
>
> I'm not quite sure if I got all your distinctions.
>
> Dorastor has proven that "Farmer"-style mustn't necessarily mean
> daily boredom. and if you play in Sartar, the clans bordering to
> the upland marsh or the "snakepipe hollow" could work the same way,
> too: farming & chaos hunting.

Implications that a single campaign contains only one of these elements were completely unintentional. I'm more after what you have as the main focus.

> Swashbuckling? as a heortling? sounds very, uhmmm, Ralian or Fornelan
> to me. do you mean the "bar-hopping and wilderness-grffin mountain"-style?
> or the Pavic "let's go into the rubble and loot some lairs and afterwards
> buy me some drink"-style?

Or a band of wandering Yinkini travelling between clans, making trouble. Or a Skovaran puppetteer troupe. Or a Selven Hara travel agency etc.

Oh, and here's one more style I forgot in the haste:

Do You Yahoo!?