Apologies for "spamming"

From: altfritz <green27_at_...>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 17:51:51 -0500

Hi All,

Sorry for posting an expired link. The survey was there the day before - that's when I heard about it and took it. There was no indication of an expiry date of any sort. Like Jane, I moderate a couple of Yahoo lists (LaceWars being the primary one) but like her had not heard anything about this. Of course, given Yahoo's past record, I was alarmed and thought the more voices they heard the better, hence the forwarding.

Re. Spamming. I am against spamming, but I do not consider my post to be spam. The issues raised by the survey (and it's indication of Yahoo's intent) are important to all of us that use this *free* service. Would you be a member if you were required to pay a fee? And what level of service would you be willing to pay for? These are the sort of questions that the survey addressed.

Re. Who am I? Answer: a Fellow Glorantha Enthusiast, (since 1st edition RQ) though I currently spend most of my time lurking. Which reminds me... is the Glorantha list still running? I changed my email a while back and have been trying to resubscribe, but it doesn't seem to work. If it is still running, can someone remind me the correct way to subscribe. This is the glorantha-digest_at_... list I am referring to.

Regards,

Howard Fielding

Stay Calm!
Be Brave!