Barbarian Adventures

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 19:00:14 +0200 (EET)

Okay, finally got it even here in Finland (I don't live at the capital).

The new format is such an improvement that words fail me. Now we can have maps and pictures one can use without destroying the book.

Thank you Issaries.

Nice book all in all too. I'd still like more descriptions of landmarks, cities and temples, but the short descriptions of the tribes vere really useful.

I wonder if there's a map somewhere that would show all the 24 tribes in 1600 or 1602?

The printing seemed parhaps a touch pale, but that's propably mostly because the font is rather small. Nothing wrong with the font though. It was clear and readable, and we get lot's of stuff to fit to a page.

I wish Issaries was rich enough that the pictures could be printed in colour (Harn style). Since they aren't, could we get the pictures from p.25 and p.65 in color onto the glorantha site? I'd really love to see them in full color.

The art was of varying quality. I liked almost all of it, but the all-too-roman pictures with the lorica segmentata (p.18, 28) seem very wrong.

The pictures from KoDP are excellent, of course, but aren't at their best in grayscale.

All in all a very good and much needed Sartar supplement. I remain eager for the next book out.

Keep up the good work, Greg and the rest of you!

        -Adept : from Finland