Re: 3d Pavis?

From: stefan.drawert_at_...
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 10:26:35 +0100

Hallo David,

Sonntag, 04:56:10, schrieb David:

>|David> I don't know much about the program, but the screen shot for City
David> Overseer 3D <http://www.overseer3d.com/> makes me wonder if anyone's David> making a model for Pavis.

David> Essentially, this looks like a Russian computer game company
David> re-purposed one of their design tools for the RPG market. I'd be
David> happier if the web site showed screen shots of the editor (and I'd be
David> ecstatic if it ran on a Mac...).

I run this program on my PC and overall it's a nice addition to Campaign Cartographer et al, for you can take a 3D walk through all the [2D] maps you've created with the former. the Forgotten Realms are implemented and you can really show your players "ok - basically that's what you see on your trip to Waterdeep", which is great. but, CC is a mess to work with and the RO's engine is more pre-  Life, really nothing to write home about, common pop-ups, etc! but as fun, it works, and before I forgot to mention: you can even pre-determine the weather on the map ["singing in the rain"]. in the hands of somebody that skilled as Wesley Quadros.....
though I doubt he did his maps with CC...:(

BTW, if you like I'll provide a screenshoot to you privately, later this day!

--
,

 Stefan
 Sonntag, 10:17:20

.||| mailto: stefan.drawert_at_...
.||| visit: www.clubintakt.de
.||| 06:04:2002 -- Elin wird 2! & club in:Kamp - party