Thessaliad

From: Andrew Barton <AndrewBarton_at_...>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 13:22:32 -0500

This is a four-comic series spinoff from The Sandman. The title character Thessaly is 'the last and mightiest of the Thessalian Witches', still alive in our own day with about 25 centuries of experience.

Issue 1 was largely setup, but issue 2 is worth a look for anyone into heroquests. One piece of dialogue should give you the idea ...

'This is where I'll face my second gatekeeper'

'Is all of this really necessary?'

'Oh, yes. It's one of the most reliable forms of ritual magic. If I
strictly adhere to the required forms of the traditional fantasy quest, I'm guaranteed to meet my enemies at the end of it'.

Andrew