Animistic exorcism

From: jamesjhawkins <James.Hawkins_at_...>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 14:25:58 -0000

Hello,

Anybody care to share any ideas on what actually happens during an animistic exorcism?

I may have to run one soon, and I want to avoid the following:

Round one:
PC: "I use Spirit Combat to drive the spirit out." Me: "The spirit resists with Might."

Round two:
PC: "I use Spirit Combat to drive the spirit out." Me: "The spirit resists with Might."

etc.

If it were a thesitic exorcism, I'd follow The Exorcist film. Each round the exorcist would invoke a deity from their pantheon (The Seven Mothers compel you! The power of Rufelza compels you! Sedanya herself compels you! etc)

I think I'm looking for something like what I did a while ago when, for a QC, a PC was cross-examined by Lhankor Mhy about an adventure of his.
Every round, the PC would describe something that happened and LM would challenge their description in some way. I prepared some notes on what LM would say in advance:
 Cross reference with other deeds (Know Related facts =18w)  Cross reference with other information (ditto)  Ask about details to trap the quester (Debate =18w)  Highlight contradictions in the quester's telling (Logical =18w)  Check the participation of friends (Expose truth =18w)  "Stop wasting my time" (Close debate =18w)  Introduce irrelevant details (Ramble =18w)  Unimpressed (Stroke fingers through beard =18w)

sjjh