Re: Sartar city sizes?

From: buritaani <markus.battarbee_at_...>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 14:13:37 -0000

Take into account all the mostali, aldryami, durulz and uz - after all, Boldhome was famous for having citizens of all sorts of species. Needless to say, the impact of counting trollkin in can be pretty big.

> It's hard to see a large city in Sartar, concidering the culture. It
> would be over 400 people from each of the 24 tribes.

Well, Boldhome does have a population of it's own, as well. Sartarite cities don't belong to tribes, so they'll have a delegation for themselves, too, plus powerhungry clans might want to get close to the lunar goverment without having to rely on a tribal delegation. In addition, I'd bet that a lot of converts are flocking to Boldhome, if their own clan decides to support the rebellion. Stickpickers, people without homes or clans, merchants, bootlickers and rebel spies all have intrests in going to Boldhome.

Besides, that figure probably includes the lunar garrison and all the government officials, plus the royal house and it's servants.

It all adds up. And if you still don't like it, you can use a different population value =)
-B