Re: Travel to the hero plane during worship

From: charlescorrigan <glorantha_at_...>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 13:56:40 -0000

> Do theistic initiates and devotees always go to the god plane when
> ever they attend a holy day?

This is a vastly confusing area and some of the ideas have changed significantly since HeroWars was first published.

First, the Hero Plane and the God Plane are separate things. Worshippers go to their respective God or Spirit plane during (some) ceremonies. I am uncertain about what happens to venerators, but I understand that it is only in heroic situations that humans physically enter the Adept/Saint/whatever plane - more frequently, they get visions of the plane. Mystics are suffiently different and rare that it is not worth even trying to explain (I think, maybe).

As regards how frequently worshippers got to another plane, the following is my opinion. Shamans, Disciples, Heroes and SuperHeroes, IMO, are permanently partially in their respective otherworld. Devotees, Priests and Godis can access the planes more easily/frequently than other worshippers.

In rules terms (I know, wrong list), the chance of worshippers going to/accessing another plane at any individual ceremony depends on the

- community size and support level bonus
- holy day and/or location bonus
- other ritual bonuses
- ceremony leader's mythology rating
- ceremony leader's devotee/disciple/initiate relationship
- individual enhancements from other important participants
in a contest against the rating of the otherworld barrier

regards,
Charles