Re: Travel to the hero plane during worship

From: charlescorrigan <glorantha_at_...>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 17:34:31 -0000

> Would it be fair to say that on the Hero Plane the HeroQuesters act
> out the parts of the gods but on the God Plane they actually get to
> meet them?

As I (badly) understand it, the Hero Planes (there are many) are the various stages of myth and history where heroes can act as their deities or forge entirely new paths. The God Plane/Spirit Plane/etc. is the other place where their deities etc. live. Greg Stafford presented detail of this at Tentacles last year but, sadly, I was not there - perhaps someone who knows a bit more could expand on this if you have further questions.

> I like this last bit. Makes worship just like any other Hero Wars
> ritual. I shall try this out on my players tonight.

I left out that the leader of the ritual could have several other skills that could also be used to enhance his total ability. I don't have the books here but I think that Mythology is the basic skill and all others are used to enhance/add bonuses.

regards,
Charles