RE: Delecti's Plans

From: Meints, Richard (R.J.) <"Meints,>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 14:44:07 -0500

Several people have asked about or commented on Delecti's Plans for the Hero Wars...

Start with Tales 19 for more info. It is still for sale from all of the usual outlets. Tales 19 has loads of info on what makes Delecti tick, but the articles don't delve into what he will be up to in the future. This was intentional for two reasons.
Firstly, Delecti is enigmatic and we didn't want to have his plans be well known.
Secondly, it wasn't something Greg or I have done a great deal of thought on.

I believe that events will make Delecti
react to the Hero Wars. There will be
a number of people who make seek an alliance with him to use the services of his undead minions. Like in the game Dragon Pass,
his military strength can shift the tide of battles. Some people may just "buy" him off so he leaves them alone.

The dragonrising is an early key event
in Dragon Pass and the start of the hero wars. Delecti greatly fears all things
Draconic. This would probably get his
attention and put him on the defensive
to begin with. He may even make a stab
at helping ensure that the dragonrising
heroquest would fail. Any dragonewt
activity nearby would also be something he would notice and fear.

Delecti has largely cut himself off from the day to day happenings around his realm. He doesn't like sticking his neck out
because historically having a low profile has worked well for him. That's how he got to opt out of being a victim of the dragonkill and the destruction of the EWF. If Argrath is going around with the EWF Battle Banner Delecti would certainly be interested in what it is being used for and would also fear it drawing attention to him or its
weilder. I could see him seeking its
capture or destruction. EWF artifacts
are something that VERY few people understand, let alone know how to weild. Delecti would be one of the few who would.

Being a frequent heroquestor, he could be used as a foe in undead related heroquests. He may also try to expand his realm if
any of his neighbors appear weak to him. He is happy to bide his time because time is not really his enemy, at least not on anywhere near the same scale it is for
mere mortals.

My brain is now empty for the moment.
Email me if you want to know more, or continue the thread and I'll respond based on what is said.

Take care,
Rick Meints