Re: Delecti's Plans

From: issaries <rmeints_at_...>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 12:55:14 -0000

My intention was not to promote Delecti
as a major power broker. Most of the time his involvement in a Dragon Pass game is peripheral, or non-existent. If none of
the players decide to ally him and get
him in the game he stays a non-factor.
If battles don't happen near him he is
also non-impacting. I have seen him get
near a bloody battle and his horde grows to where he is a factor, but as others
have stated that is the exception. I
certainly didn't model his behaviour on
how much he doesn't have anything to do
with the Dragon Pass game, I just wanted to point out that if a battle happens near his realm then the side that allies him
will benefit, and has a higher chance of winning. Philospohically, I think that you could justify his keeping his head down
in the game because of the dragons and
dragonewts that are about. Since I'm not trying to turn this into a Dragon Pass
game thread, I'll leave it at that.

Most importantly, I think that he can
be a fun factor in any campaign that
is set near the Upland Marsh. He has
been a foe in the Greydog games I have
played in or heard about, plus I believe that his realm is the best treasure hunters destination in the whole region. The amount of loot that is stashed amongst his ruins is mighty impressive and tempting. It
represents the best dungeon crawl places in Sartar. On another level, Delecti
can be a great foe in Heroquests. Any
time the forces of the EWF, Undead, or
a liche or vampiric type of foe would
come in handy then Delecti or his forces could play a part as a the villain in the story arc. He's been creeping around for about 1000 years. He's had lots of time
to get up to all sorts of mischief.
One of the more recent developments
in his possible history is that he used to travel more widely, pretty much all over the EWF. That certainly widens the scope of where he could interfere next...
Just because he disappears for long
periods of time doesn't necessarily
mean that he is hiding in the Marsh...

Rick Meints