Re: A Lhankhor Mhy heroquest

From: theunspokenword <hia15_at_...>
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2002 18:53:48 -0000

Great fun, Guy, although I'm increasingly unconvinced by the image of bookish LM sages in Orlanthi culture; learned, sure, but not really institutionalised. (But then, I can't see the Sartari having the Jonstown Library.) Now, Irippi Ontor is another matter...

Of course, you've forgotten the key preparation of divining *which* professorial daimons will be the examiners and making sure the thesis contains frequent and flattering references to their work! But the only substantive nitpick I'd make is that Station 7, the critical examination, should surely be a quest challenge in which the candidate wagers the knowledge in question. Failure doesn't just mean that he hasn't become a Sage, it can mean a total loss of that expertise...

But overall it certainly sounds familiar - nice job!

All the best

Mark

Mark Galeotti