Re: Campaign styles; inflation

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 09:55:19 -0800

Roderick

> According to Greg's ideas (and no, I really don't want to get into whether
> they are good or bad ideas, please), using a magical effect exactly as it
> says (Frex, using "Leap over tree" to leap over a tree, no matter how high,
> as long as it isn't defined as "magically high") meets a basic resistance of
> 14.

> Personal Opinion only:
> IMG, *I* would allow a Valinding to "reduce" the effects of purely mundane
> winter weather from any rating to 14 (for himself only, non-transferable)
> once he knows the Valinding secret of "Survive Winter".

I'll be happy to get into it (but not on this list since it's really a rules issue), but I will say that I think the idea of a *secret*'s resistance being only 14 makes a lot more sense. It is, after all, a secret, some loophole that when you learn it, you understand how the amount of cold no longer matters the way it does to other magic. It's just cold, and you laugh at it.

--

David Dunham   <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html>