Re: 14 is a magic number

From: wesleyquadros <wquadros_at_...>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 18:12:15 -0000

Message: 25
   Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 17:32:26 -0000
   From: "theunspokenword" <hia15_at_...>
Subject: Re: 14 is a magic number

>Shattering a shield - assuming it is not magical or the like - means
>beating a resistance 14. No big deal - this is cinematic style -
>things break all the time around heroes!

I'm not sure that I agree with this and thus lies my problem with these
feats. Why wouldn't the shield's wearer be able to defend himself (and his
property) with his own magic? If a humakti can break my shield with a target of 14, then a ZZ can set my clothes on fire with the same ease.

And what would be the resistance for a magical shield - assuming that the
shield does not have an ability rating.

Wesley