Re: Cold Weather/resistance of 14

From: epweissengruber <epweissengruber_at_...>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 19:57:57 -0000

I am curious about Wulf's suggestion that the "Winter" has a 14 resistance against my winter countermagic.

It seems to be a correct interpretation of the rules, but it just seems wrong to me.

Surely there is a difference between a mild winter (3W1) and deep winter (5W4) -- and that it is harder to resist the deep winter than the mild winter.

Doesn't the size of the object resisted have some effect on magical enchantments? By extension, shouldn't a huge phenomenon such as WINTER have a large resistance as well?