Re: Undertribes?

From: ian_hammond_cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 22:07:04 -0000

Peter Metcalfe:
> "Undertribe" is BA's word for the Alone and the Aldachuri are
likewise spoken as being an "Overtribe". Some concept of inferiority is indicated viz-a-viz the Aldachuri but I can't say more as the Far Point is a hazy area to me.

IMO, the Aldachuri and the Kerofini were once tribes, but through politics, conquest and immigration now consist of other tribes. They are not quite a nation, but an intermediate stage. The under/over prefix just indicates the position in the relationship.

I have some more thoughts, but I think they are more appropriate to the Digest so I'll take them there (there may be a delay due to other things grabbing my attention).