RE: Re: Lhankhor Mhy book protection

From: bernuetz.oliver_at_...
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 13:21:33 -0500

Oh I agree with you about LM in Sartar. I doubt there's many books there. Elsewhere I'll bet that every temple with a collection use its own system of cataloging their temples' collection and as soon as a new head sage takes over the whole damn collection is reorganized along the new sage's preferred system. Except of course for all the volumes that are stashed away in hidey holes to keep them safe from the incorrect and no doubt heretical classification scheme by their zealous guardians.

As far as realism goes we should adopt as much realism as we want. It's not Earth after all and if some want inns and libraries in Sartar what's the harm? (I'm certainly not proposing Melvil Dewey (my favourite take on him was the one in Duckman) or bibliometrics (shudder) in Glorantha). We can aim for a Hollywood level of realism (i.e. depict a period as people think it looked like) as opposed to a stricter academic level of realism (if that's not pretty subject too depending on the academic you're asking...)

It all depends on your tastes.

Oliver