Re: Lhankhor Mhy book protection

From: themalum <rmv1_at_...>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 18:05:59 -0000

> My fairly small academic library (~4000 users, ~150,000
> items, not counting electronic resources) is likely bigger
> than any collection anywhere in Glorantha by an order of
> magnitude.

Again, I must disagree. Granted, it's an extreme case, but the Library of Alexandria was (IIRC) ~500,000 volumes. While such a resource would probably only be found in Dara Happa, there were several other libraries in antiquity that could boast ~100,000 or more volumes, including Byzantium. I would suppose that the Final Information Library would comprise something on the order of (at a minimum) 100,000 volumes; if I was feeling generous, perhaps two or three times this number might be possible.

Roland