Post Logs about Yelmic Temple

From: illuminate33 <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_...>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 22:39:14 -0000

<<From: "illuminate33" <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_m...> Date: Tue Feb 12, 2002 2:13 pm
Subject: Yelmic Style Temple

What do you think about Classical Dara Happan Model Temple? IMHO I think KODP Orlanth Temple is very similar to East Asian Buildings...And I think in Older Glorantha, they like open space as Iranian Zoroastrians (Herodotos?)...

And there should be difference between Yelmic Buildings and Lunar Buildings. Lunars are Greek Style.

From: "illuminate33" <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_m...> Date: Wed Feb 13, 2002 5:22 am
Subject: Re: Yelmic Style Temple

> > And there should be difference between Yelmic Buildings and Lunar
> > Buildings. Lunars are Greek Style.
>
> Funny. I've always used the (bronze&iron age) greek culture as
> inspiration for the Solars (Dara Happa, Yelmalians...)
>
> -Adept

I am now in complicated position about this topic. 1) Yelmite Dara Happan Culture is different from Yelmalion Sun Domers.

2) Lunars are upstart Rebels who came from East (Rinliddi?) and West (Carmania?) (From the point of view with DHs)

3) Orthodox Dara Happans have scarcely visited Dragon Pass. (Nysalorism is an unusual cult of DH) Only Nysalorian Broken Council Army and Lunar Yelmgathic School have conquered Dragonpass.

4) Greek City Culture is too differ from DH Theocracy, and their structures weren't be able to have to do with Actual System of their temples. Greeks never treated their living Kings as a focus of their Temples.

5) Romans have used complicated stratagem for ruling their eastern part of their imperium, they ruled Levant with former Oriental Dynastical Style.

6) Objection: Both Lunars and Lunars are Urban Inhabitants living in each independent City States, so the matter should be more reconsidered for their more familiarity to western "Europian" style than eastern "Oriental" style.

7) Objection: In the Historical Cataclysm, at least modern Lunars used Greek Style Temple Style. And we don't have enough models for reference about Oriental City Structures before Islamic Invasion.

Terra Incognita

Message: 2