Re: Re: Carls, half carls and Gardeners

From: Graham Robinson <graham_at_...>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 14:25:28 +0000

>One acre equals 4046.9m2 so a steads holding will be 2590016 square metres
>or 1000 square miles. That is one hell of a lot of land. (if my maths is
>correct?).

2590016 square metres is 2.5 square km, or a little over one square mile - rather less than my guess, which Nick has already suggested may be to low. I still like my figure for the heart of the tula - the bit that is actually farmed. Hunters and patrols would go out further. Given parts of the central tula will be lost to buildings, roads, rock, trees, sacred spots, etc. I would work on each stead farming most land within one to one and a half miles.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson