Re: Re: Carls, half carls and Gardeners

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 09:38:01 -0500

Graham Robinson wrote:

> >One acre equals 4046.9m2 so a steads holding will be 2590016 square metres
> >or 1000 square miles. That is one hell of a lot of land. (if my maths is
> >correct?).
>
> 2590016 square metres is 2.5 square km, or a little over one square mile -
> rather less than my guess, which Nick has already suggested may be to low.
> I still like my figure for the heart of the tula - the bit that is actually
> farmed. Hunters and patrols would go out further. Given parts of the
> central tula will be lost to buildings, roads, rock, trees, sacred spots,
> etc. I would work on each stead farming most land within one to one and a
> half miles.
>
> Cheers,
> Graham

Which gives you about twenty minutes to get in, raid a stead, kill the defenders, steall their cattle, take their stuff, burn the roofs, and get out before the 'Short Call' shows up. I was wondering if the number crunching had any use to running the game. =)

Now, where did I leave my cattle goad...?

Jeff