Catamarans

From: illuminate33 <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_...>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 18:08:51 -0000

Robert McArthur kindly replied:
> The recent race ("The Race") around the world during the millen.
> celebrations had a catamaran managing 1125km for 24 hours
> (about 28-30knot average).

Hmm....Efendi.
It means around 60 km per an hour. But Wolf Pirates are not boat- racers, And they surely feed themselves and sleep well while racers could manage to keep it. Please see below.

http://www.glorantha.com/hw/heroband_wolfpirates.html
http://www.glorantha.com/hw/cultshort_ygg.html
http://www.toppoint.de/~joe/wolfpirates.html

These figures are when they are really going
> for the timings. The old clipper ships of the 1800's could manage
just
> over half that for their 24 hour bursts (approx600km). I can
certainly
> imagine that, with some god of the sea and/or winds on your side,
and
> with magical boosting, that 300+km/day "is" (Glorantha) possible.
>
> Note that Club Med - the catamaran - is 110ft long, 56ft wide and
has
> a mast that's 136ft high!

Abbreviation of "Club Mediterranian"?

> Robert
> PS. I think trying to do this in a viking longship would
be "impossible"
> It requires much better sails, higher masts, etc. Perhaps the
> "longship" terminology needs Gregging ;-)

Some Kind of Rocket orbiter?
Surely, and Harrek won't be a good clue to his ship...Once he was nearly abandoned by his mates in Argrath's Saga.

TI