3 Routes on Dragon Pass(B

From: IWASAKI Moto(B <efendi_at_...>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 11:17:48 +0900

Dear Sirs

My name is IWASAKI Moto. I call myself "Efendi" as my handlename here. I am a Japanese Gloranthan fan. I often have debate with Zebraface about various Gloranthan phenomenona in Japanese. And Zebraface suggested to me to join HeroWars ML in English. Already you know I am a bad English speaker, however I determined to try. Please say welcome to me.

Recently I have thinked about the Trading Route on Dragon Pass that links from Nochet to Furthest. And I guess...

The Trading Routes on Dragon Pass are 3 routes.

The Steppe Route is from Nochet, upping Lysos and Runnel River, through Rich Post, Muse Roost, to Furthest.

The Mountain Route is from Nochet, crossing Mirrorsea Bay, through Karse, Whitewall, Wilm's Church, Boldhome, Aldachur, to Furthest.

The Riverine Route is from Nochet, upping Lysos River, through the Beast Valley, the Upland Marsh, Duckpoint, Boldhome, Aldachur, to Furthest.

In the begining of 16th century S.T., King Sartar prepared the Saratar Road for undertake mediate to in conflicts between Saratar tribes. The Road made easy to receive the informations and to send his army. The Road is not only good for army, but also for tradesmen, especially with his wagon.

Hence, I believed all tradesmen use the Sartar Road. For example, the Road is like a railway. This route is longer than the Steppe Route, but better for wagon.

But I think more deeply...

Can the queen of Grazelands just look that tradesmen avoid her country? Would she endevour to draw tradesmen and to gain the tariff more? If you thinked the queen of Grazelands don't have power, replace the queen with every Khans of clans in Grazelands. Probably, she / they put through tax reductions, set caravansarays and guards on the route. And at least the tradesmen with foot would use this route.

About the Riverine Route, I heared about the Barge-duck yesterday. Humans will fear trolls in the Dammed Marsh, the beasts in the Beast Valley, zombies in the Upland Marsh. But ducks don't fear the beast at least. and they are good swimmers (if they were attacked, they can help themselves by swimming). So, the Reverine Route can't use without ducks. How do the clever ducks think about this situation? Probably, they would get money more. And the Reverine Route would be the modern highway that is speedy but require the high toll. If you hated to pay for the Duck Express, you would pass through mountains in Heortland.

In 1602 S.T., Sartar was conqured. The conqured Sartar lost all right. But Grazelands have make alliance with Tarsh in the name of the King and Queen of Dragon Pass. It is easily that the Lunar entrepreneurs entried into Sartar. Then, the Lunar tradesmen have used the Mountain Route. Lunar dislike Issaries, and the Issaries tradesmen have used the Steppe Route. Now the port of Corflu have prepared. If you want to go Prax, you wouldn't have to pass Boldhome.

What do you think about it?

  Memini tui. Simul aliquid audivero, tibi scribam.

Moto Iwasaki      E-mail : efendi_at_...
$B4d:j(B  $BK>EP(B        Cell Ph: efendi_at_...
Yanqi Wangdeng My Site: http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~ty2m-iwsk/rq/