Re: A Modest Proposal

From: Michael Schwartz <mschwartz_at_...>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 17:21:00 -0500

Another unit of measure to consider is the rod, which is a linear measure equal to 5.5 yards or 16.5 feet (5.03 meters). The square of this measure, known also as a rod or a square rod, is equal to 30.25 square yards or 272.25 square feet (25.30 square meters). An acre consists of 160 square rods. Yes, this is rather pointless, after a fashion, but it does give us some guidelines that are lacking (or, even worse, contradictory) in THUNDER REBELS.

Let us take a lesson from the Orlanthi, and assume that "all" a clan's tula represents 85% of all the land they actually lay claim to... amongst other things, it explains the damn moving-the-boundary-stones lawsuits which plagued half my games of KING OF DRAGON PASS. Gives us all more good excuses to start feuding with the neighbors, at the very least. :)

--
Michael Richard Schwartz | Language is my playground,
mschwartz_at_... | and words, its slides and