Re: Re: Lhankhor Mhy book protection

From: con1453_at_...
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 19:21:53 EST

In a message dated 3/11/02 4:30:11 PM, plarsen_at_... writes:

<< I understand that a lot of
Central and South American academic libraries are still run like this -- professors basically pillage what looks useful. To get something, you need personal relationships with the faculty.... "Roll your Relationship (Sage) augmented with Determined against his Forgetfulness 10w or Institutional Lethargy 1w2. >>

When I was on the Yale faculty, there was the incredibly un-p.c. term of "Dago Dazzlers" which the university would produce for its faculty members who were going to use overseas libraries, replete with Latin words, wax, various tags and threads attached to the very-impressive-looking documents. In Glorantha, I expect those would be regularly used by itinerant scholars visiting foreign libraries.

Jim Chapin