RE: HeroQuest maps

From: Sims, Darren <Darren.Sims_at_...>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 18:45:40 +0100

Greetings and Salutations
2002-04-02-1845.

Mikko Rintasaari wrote:

>Hey, I hope those upcoming maps in the new Hero Quest edition of the
>game will include a map of the whole inner world of Glorantha.
>
>And I do mean the _whole_ inner world. I don't remember any map after
>the RQ-2 rulebook that has actually shown the whole area. :(

The question should be is the map scale going to be re-worked to give proper sized areas for the population sizes quoted? There was a discussion about the map scales on this list a while back which pointed out that some of the maps were *wrong* (I include my Dagori Inkarth in this as I am still unhappy with the scale I used). Also how detailed would these maps be? The ones in 'Glorantha:CotHW', however much needed they were at the time, were poor with little geographic features and cities and they failed to have that magical resonance that the William Church maps had. If the maps are too detailed then a large A2 (420 x 594mm ) pull-out may be in order?

Cheers,
Darran Sims.
Assembly Rooms Duty Manager.
 E-mail- Darren.Sims_at_....

''Fiat justitria ruat coelum''

The views expressed in this email are personal and may not necessarily reflect those of Derby City Council, unless explicitly stated otherwise

This email, and any files transmitted with it, are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error, please notify me immediately.

If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you should not copy it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses. However, we cannot accept liability for viruses that may be in this e-mail. We recommend that you check all e-mails with an appropriate virus scanner.

www.mimesweeper.com