Re: Whose hills?

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2002 18:51:11 +0100

Michael Schwartz:

> I have always modeled Quiviniland on the Pennines of north-central
> England,

Me too, but that's largely because I grew up there ;-) . And, of course, besides being easy to envisage, it is accurate with regard to the sheep rearing (or goat rearing, in my family's case) and the winter pastures, etc. As I said recently with regard to animals, players and GMs are inevitably going to tend to go with stuff they are familiar with when thinking of analogies (if not, why bother with analogies at all?) and its unlikely to be a major problem if you envisage it 'wrong'. As long as the whole gaming group is on the same page, anyway.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic

MXLPs: 3 (Cap'n Q, Harvey Mills, Tim Hall)