Re: Which holds most population among these cities?

From: David Cake <dave_at_...>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 23:11:56 +0800

At 11:59 AM +0000 9/4/02, moonbroth scribbled:
>TI asked:
>
>> In modern Glorantha, do you know which city holds most population?
>
>Our Lunar propaganda publications claim that Glamour has a population
>of *exactly* one million, some of whom are humans (i.e. they have
>included unquantifiable hordes of spirits, daimones, essences and the
>like to make up the numbers to something Round and Significant).

        An excellent idea. And only untrue in a boringly quantitative sense. I suspect there are numerous inhabitants of the moon who maintain some sort of earthly residence in Glamour for those important state occasions (or rather, have it maintained for them).

> > And about in the past (imperial age), what do you think it?
>
>I think Sog City in its Jrusteli heyday would have been comparable.
>Nowadays, large swathes of that city appear to be deserted ruins.

        Sog City is a great place to set your Gloranthan rip offs of the rather glorious novel Perdido Street Station - and other books dealing with the idea of the huge rundown dark fantastic city, like M. John Harrison and Mervyn Peake. Large swathes of it are ruined, but probably not utterly deserted.

	Cheers
		David