Re: Glorantha Miniatures

From: alexei mcdonald <alexei_mcdonald_at_...>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 21:06:02

RR wrote:

> > Any more news on the Glorantha miniatures?
>
>The Lance & laser ones will probably not be out by the end of March... I'm
>certainly looking forward to them more than the Dark Age/Archive ones.
>

> > I've seen the pics of the first sets...
> >
> > They do look good, however, I wish they were more "wargamer friendly"
> > rather than being organised for rpgs. :-( ie. Unit packs would be nice.
>
>What types of units are you looking for? There are a lot of Ancients ranges
>out there that will fit the bill for a lot of units. While they won't be
>exact (hey, these hoplites don't have scimitars!), they will work. Ask
>away,
>I can probably come up with ranges for you.

It's also easy enough to do weapons conversions, though you may get bored if you're doing *big* units. It's easier in 25mm than in my preferred 15mm, but that's another issue.

I have been giving thought to Hordes of the Things Gloranthan armies myself, but am too idle to do much about it, even though Chariot have brought out a range of 15mm Ducks and other good things...

http://www.kbnet.co.uk/chariot/page22.html

Alexei