Re: Re: Parchment Heroes, anyone?

From: Guy Hoyle <ghoyle1_at_...>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 17:40:58 -0500

On 4/14/2002 at 3:07 PM theunspokenword wrote:

>> though I checked my entire HD I couldn't find them anymore, but
>there
>> is some guy out there in the web, who creates & distributes
>fantasy TTfonts
>> depicting monsters and characters. just type "all your runes are
>> belong to us", print out and you have a nice ready-to-be-but-out
>group
>> of said "parchment heroes" [unicolored :|].
>
>I imagine you're thinking of the splendid S John Ross and his
>SPARKS, as available on his Cumberland Fontworks site _at_
>http://www222.pair.com/sjohn/fonts.htm
>Incidentally, he also came up with the wonderfully uzish font we
>used for 'Uz: the trolls of Glorantha' (it's called 'Thunderthighs')

I was thinking of Sparks when I wrote that, and it would be even better if we could come up with something similar for Gloranthan gaming. (Incidentally, weren't all the runes that have showed up in the books supposed to have been available as fonts? Has that been scrapped, are they still forthcoming, or have I missed them?)

>But on this topic, it's interesting that you raise it, Guy. The
>Unspoken Word is, of course, privy to your innermost thoughts and
>although we have no definite products or roll-out date to annouce
>yet, Simon Bray has been working on Gloranthan cardboard figures,
>suitable for either your random party of heroes or full armies! More
>news to follow in due course.

You evil fiends! To read my mind, even as I was hoping that Simon would take the hint and pony up some of his magic artwork!! Grrrrr....

Guy
Guy Hoyle (ghoyle1_at_...)
"I used to think, "Mind control satellites? No way!' But now, I can't remember what we did without 'em."