Re: armour times?

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 11:16:44 -0000

> The reason for my question was that I was wondering how I was
going
> to explain to my players, when I start running this, how the socio-
economic
> system works and was just thinking about "So you want to buy a mail
shirt?".
> Anyway it got me thinking 'cause I seem to remember something about
it
> taking a hellish long time to create one and that it's going to
take a huge
> amount of time away from other projects like making nails for next
weeks
> barn raising or a plow for the neighbour

Remind them that a typical mail shirt involves making enough wire to wrap round a rod, to snip into 20,000-30,000 wire rings, interlacing each one with four others, rivetting the ends of each ring together, and doing it all to a pattern like a shirt. It's a hellish job, boring, repetitious and murder on the fingertips.

Wulf